Friday, March 8, 2013

Mar 6/7 workouts

Mar 6: 7 miles (1:15:21 avg pace 10:46)  * in my old 2009s*  PLUS 25 x 4 sets push ups....
This run felt good. I kept the pace slow to ease any discomfort on that bone and it was fine the whole time! YAY!

Getting ready to start the run at dark o' thirty...

Beautiful trail 1/2 way thru my run...

upon which I saw this beautiful, totally unblemished apple. Weird. No I didnt pick it up and eat it though the idea DID cross my mind a time or two...

Lovely sunrise!

Headed over to the pond and someone was out feeding the ducks from their balcony...

Several ducks were sweeping in front and behind me to come get their share of the grub so I had to be extra vigilant so I didnt get T-boned!

More of the gorgeous God-painted picture....LOVE mornings like this



7 miles DONE and thrilled that my foot felt fine!


March 7: 4 miles (43:46-10:54 avg pace).... *wore my NEW 2009s*... also did 3 sets of planks (1:40-1:30-1:20)
This was quite a disappointment after yesterday's awesome run.  I decided to wear my new shoes since I hadn't worn them in over a week and my foot bone felt pretty good yesterday.
Well.
So I put on the shoes and was getting ready to head out the door and from the GET-GO, I knew I wasnt going to be able to run without the gloves. So I shove it in and head out. About 10 steps out the door, my RIGHT foot bone starts to hurt (I really wish I knew the name of this bone so you would know what I was talking about!!). So before I even started my run, I had to shove a glove in THAT shoe as well!! They both bugged me for the first 15 min of the run, but after that, they were fine. 

Anyway, here I am, needing to get in 15 miles this weekend for my long run and wondering what I should dress my feet with...Praying the Lord will give me guidance in this as I'm liable to just run in my flip flops and hope for the best!
=)

Anyway, enough of that. How about we talk food for a minute?  Here's some of what I've been shoveling in the ol pie hole this week...



There is an omelet with cheese wrapped up in that ham, with broccoli and cheese and some grapes on the side. Totally hits the spot and is only around 300-350 calories.






Green pepper slices and sun-dried tomato basil spread.

This spread was not only yummy with sliced raw veggies but was great on crackers, as a chip dip and in sandwiches.  Yum yum.

Homemade veggie soup ready to start a-cookin'! Trying to remember what I put in here...bag of frozen veggies (carrots/cauliflower/broccoli), sliced carrots, can of collard greens, an onion, a head of garlic, zucchini and celery. 

A cup is around 50 calories. It's a perfect lunch along side 1/2 a small sandwich (on lovely Ezekiel bread) and 1/2 an apple.

Not the healthiest dinner (below) but it sure was yummy!! I've discovered instead of dressing, I can mix a little dry ranch mix in with cottage cheese and top my salad with it and its just as yummy as regular ranch. Sometimes I sprinkle a little extra garlic salt on top to up the awesomeness.
I also made garlic bread on brat rolls (smear with a little butter, top with a little mozzarella and a sprinkle of garlic salt and then bake for 5 min at 400*. Then I topped it with meaty spaghetti sauce and a little more cheese (can you EVER have too much cheese?  Yeah. I didnt think so).

Its suppose to rain all day tomorrow and then a mix of snow/rain most of the day Sunday, so I THINK I may have to do my 15 miles on the *gulp*, TREADMILL!!!  Will I survive?  Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. I love your pics of your early morning runs! Sorry your foot is bothering you; I hope you are able to find a solution for your 15 miles this weekend! I love your cottage cheese "dressing" idea- that looks super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 15 miles went awesome!
      The cottage cheese thing is AWESOME! You can also mix the dry ranch mix into some plain greek yogurt and make a veggie dip. Super yummy, healthy and full of protein!

      Delete