I think during this day as recovery, my body is eating my brain!! I have felt kind of foggy and like I cant focus. Forgetting the names of things, forgetting what I'm doing, where I'm going, what I'm doing next...So weird! (Took my girls to get their hair cut today and I wore my slippers! SLIPPERS!) I feel like I fueled well during the run.... *shrug*
Anyway! Here's the run down (of the awful but awesome 19 miler....)
March 30: 19 mile run (Distance PR), 10:53 avg pace (I think it was around 3 hours 27 minutes)
Ready to head out! Yep. Nice enough to wear capris (and by the end of the run, I could have been running in my skivvies and I would have been too warm!!)
I almost missed this early morning run. I was going to go later in the day as it was supposed to rain this morning for a few hours. It was raining when I got up at 6 but I checked again 15min later and it was done! So I took a chance and decided to head out.
SOOOO glad I did as the temps were awesome (high 40s) and about 30 minutes later the sky looked like this!
When I got over to The Lake, there was a race going on. I was envious of all those healthy, fresh legs and feet (I had run about 17.5 miles by this point and I was HOT and thirsty ((didn't bring enough water)).
More pretty pictures at The Lake
This run was short on pictures.
LET ME TELL YOU WHY(in bullet points, just cuz I feel like it)
- My tummy felt off when I started off on this run.
- Mile 3 I was already stripping layers and tying them around my waist
- Mile 5 I got a weird pain in my right knee that I actually had to walk thru for a few minutes (this has only happened to me ONCE)-first 1/2 pk of Gu
- Mile 7 my right foot bone (the cheeky one we've been talking way too much about on this blog) started to bug me
- Mile 8 its REALLY bugging me
- Mile 9 I've already stopped 2 or 3 times to try to adjust the callus protector to see if something will help. It's not.
- Mile 10 I debate on just going home. The pain is bothersome and almost more than I feel safe running on. I get to The Lake at this point and start running in the grass on the side of the actual cement trail and this seems to help. second 1/2 pk of Gu
- Mile 10-15 stopped SOOO many times to try to do different things with my shoe to stop the pain (the pace continued to get slower and slower during the last 9 miles). FINALLY right before mile 15, I stop and rip the callus protector off and realize the reason that the pain is so bad is that the spot that NORMALLY needs the protection of the callus protector has moved. Instead of it being the side bone by my big toe, its the TOP bone. It's red. And it's hurts. I put the callus protector on the spot and it helps but only a little. By this point its so beat up I don't think much will help it. another 1/2 pk of Gu
- Mile 15-19, the foot feels increasingly better the last few miles. But I am so hot and my legs are sore and I was THIRSTY. I normally only drink a few oz of water each time I take the Gu and that's all I need, but I didn't account for the warmth today. I really could have used another 8-12 of water (though I have no clue how I would carry it!)
So I get home after almost 3.5 hours of running and I am SPENT. Thirsty, still hot, my legs are itchy and yucky (it rained last night so the off-road running left my legs all nasty with trail goo.) I stretch and drink a little water but I just DONT. FEEL. WELL. This is how I felt after both of my half marathons. I nibbled a little here and there for the next couple hours but nothing sounded good.
Then, my daughter says 'Can I have some milky cereal?' DING DING DING DING! It was like the Cookie Monster switch went off in my head and I could not GET to that cereal and milk fast enough (you'll have to wait kiddo, the-mom-who-just-ran-19-miles needs her cereal!!)
So after that I felt much better and was able to eat more normally the rest of the day (well, normal for me.) =)
I've been SO busy and on my feet all day! I've had to walk slow as my feet are sore as well as my legs. That weird blister spot is back on my left big toe and my bone on my right foot is still sore and red. I hope it heals up QUICKLY!
What was the highlight of your weekend so far?