Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shifting the focus a bit

Still here!
Still alive. Running. Livin' life.

There's not been much to post in the way of running. I've been running 3 times a week since the week after my marathon. Runs have been great and I've had no issue getting back into it.

I actually ran my fastest run today since, well, I don't even know when! At least March I'm thinking. 4.1 miles, avg pace of 8:47!! The last .1 was an 8:00 avg and that was partly uphill. Felt HARD the whole time but it also felt great to put it into a higher gear. Haven't done that in a coon's age.
I really have nothing I'm training for right now so I'm just running to run. No pressure on my runs right now is great for my mind.

After I had my 'baby' in May (aka marathon), I've realized I need to shift the focus of my life back to my family. They've always been my #1 top priority but I'm ready to make my actions reflect that. No more 'sorry mommy cant play with you, I just ran 16 miles and I am BEAT.'  =)

I've got a lot of fun things planned for my kiddos and I this summer so hopefully I'll make a bit of time to pop on and tell you about those things as well.

As far as running goes, I have a 5K in mind in June that benefits my friend and her husband. They run a camp a few hours away from here for foster children in the summer. Looking forward to that. I may do the Siena/Francis House 10K again this year (I've done it  the last 2 years) and then of course my Ted E Bear Hollow 5K in August (my first 5K ever). After that I only have a few things in the back of my mind: a few 5Ks, possibly the Omaha 1/2 marathon and I MIGHT try to run a trail race at some point this year. 

I'm also toying with a Duathlon next month. Though I'm TERRIFIED of falling off my bike and having 50 other people pile on top of me. Of course I can probably avoid that by riding behind everyone. My Raleigh and I aren't speedy by any means, so if I start back there and fall, there will be no on behind me to leave tire tracks across my face =)

Here are some pics from the last 2 weeks or so...

 
Sir Raleigh and I out for a morning ride



 
Part of the gorgeous trail we traveled down...



Some of what I've been eating lately:
 

 

 

 
Gorgeous sky captured by Photographer-Girl last week



 
Rode my first horse last week. I officially want one. I don't think  my neighbor's will mind, do you? Its just like a REALLY big dog.




 
We also visited a 'western' store here for the first time where we found some VERY expensive cowboy and cow girls hats. Cute! But they didn't come home with us. (the hats that is. Some how those kids snuck in my van again)



Have you ever ridden a horse?

What and when is your next race?

3 comments:

  1. I have never ridden a horse.

    My next race is June 1st, the Run Wild 10k at Mahoney on trails. Should be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ridden horses! They are amazing animals (they might act like dogs, but they are a lot more work, unfortunately)!
    I am glad you'll be keeping us posted throughout your summer.
    DO the duathlon. You won't fall off your bike. If, by chance, you did, people would STOP... they would not run over you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that is a spankin' pace!
    do the du. =)

    I have ridden a horse. They scare me.
    No races on the horizon; too injured. =(

    ReplyDelete