Thursday, May 2, 2013

Don't poke me or I may burst

Oh this carb-loading is oh so bad.....
and oh so good...

It's looking like I'll be ending the day around 1,000 higher than what an average day should be for me (I try to stay around 1,500 cal/day but usually end up closer to 1,700-1,800).  I'll top out around 2,500 for today (is this too high during carb loading? I don't even know. Maybe I don't want to know...)

Here's what has gone in the belly today:

BREAKFAST: taco on flatout (taco meat, salsa, cottage cheese) and a nice bowl of mexi rice on the side (also had a granola bar afterwards)
SNACK: 1/2 of a banana, 1/2 of a small can of mandarin oranges, 7 pretzels (I was still full from breakfast)
LUNCH: homemade veggie soup, sandwich and pineapple casserole
SNACK: small serving of baked sweet potatoes and 1/2 an apple (and a serving of chocolate covered pretzels cuz they were screaming at me from the cupboard)
DINNER: 1 c of cheese tortellini with 1/2 c spaghetti sauce, bread, and 1/2 c of corn
SNACK: a serving of chocolate covered pretzels (again with the screaming)
BEDTIME SNACK: Havent eaten it yet, but it will be a healthy sized bowl of ice cream


If I can get my brain to wake up from the food coma it will surely be in, I'm going to try to work out how many carbs all that was. I'm trying to do between 350-400 a day. Not sure if I even got up in the 300s...



Found this picture on my computer. Some amazing friends and myself at a really HARD 5K (hills EVERYWHERE!) back in 2011.  I love that I have friends that love this sport like I do. 


Looking at pictures like this makes me even MORE excited for Sunday. If that's even possible.



If I get any more excited I may turn into a Unicorn.

On and unrelated note, here's what I woke to this morning:


When was the last time it snowed where YOU live?

What is your favorite time of day to run?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so pumped for you and cheering you, Anna!! :) And boy oh boy YUM!!! :D

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the path again today! I added everything up though and I think the carbs are a bit high today so I'm going to try to adjust it down a bit (and the calories too-I was slated to do around 2,400 today-wowzers!!)

      Delete
  2. I remember that day!!
    Good luck to you on Sunday, Anna!! I think you're so prepared that you're going to do so well! Just make sure you're able to enjoy it, it's not every day that you get to run a marathon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keeley. I just wish I could calm my nerves. Its out of control!!!

      Delete