Sunday, April 7, 2013

Peak Week is Weak Week...plus some unexpected cross training!

I have been looking forward to this week since I first signed up for this marathon. I LOVE to run, so being able to run THIS much in a week was going to be a dream come true.
BUT.
Given the circumstance w/ my cheeky foot bones, I really don't know what I will be able to do this week, but, here's what I'd LIKE to do!

MONDAY: 5 mi run, push ups
TUESDAY: elliptical, weights, planks
WEDNESDAY: 10 mi run
THURSDAY: 5 mi run, push ups
FRIDAY: elliptical, weights, planks
SATURDAY: 21 miles (!!!!)

Lord willing, I can make MOST of that happen =)

So, today, I took my chickies to Skatedaze as a late birthday present for Photographer-Girl (my 2nd daughter who turned 11 in February).

*in front of SkateDaze*
Matching yellow shirts=momma being able to see/count them easily among 897 other kids in the roller rink!

*I look terrified here, but I WAS really having a good time.*
Momma got her skate on, too. Oh yes I did. I was quite the rink rat back in my day. Back then, my crew and I tore it UP on our quad skates (roller blades scare me).

Many more pictures of this venture will be on my other blog by tomorrow HERE

What workout are you looking forward to the most this week?

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the track workout this week with Team Run Flagstaff :)
    The shirt idea is such a good one. I used to do that all the time when I traveled with my boys and they were a little younger.
    It does look like everyone had a great time skating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO helpful! We're going to try it out at the zoo this month as well. So much quicker to count shirts than children, if that makes sense! =)

      Delete