Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 9

Wow, its been a long time since I've posted! No pictures with this post as I didnt even DECIDE I was going to post until a few minutes ago!
Now that I am in the thick of training for my first marathon (!) I thought it might be a good idea to keep track of my training here.

So.
I'm doing Hal Higdon's Novice 1 plan. However, I am upping the mileage a bit by adding a mile during the week and then a mile to the long run on the weekends.
I've also not figured out what I am going to do as far as fueling for the marathon. Thus far, I've never taken anything in on a long run (or during my longest race which was my 1/2 marathon), no gels, gatorade. Nothing.  Ok, ok, thats not true. Last week, I took some pretzels and gummy bears mid way thru my 11 mile run to see how my tummy would handle it and I was fine! I only ate 2 pretzels and 3 gummy bears though.
I bought some things this weekend that I'll try on my next few long runs: Cliff Shot Bloks, PowerGel and Clif Gel. We'll see if they leave give me a lift or make me run for the 'loo!

WORKOUT FOR TODAY:
8.15 mi run (9:57 avg pace) End of WEEK 6
My buddies Krista and Megan met me at my house this morning and we started out from here.  It was 31* with a windchill of 19*. The wind was TOUGH on some parts of the run threatening to push me on my back or my face depending on which way we were running. Stabalizing myself has to burn more calories, right??  I hope so cuz I'm stuffing my face with some good ol' Pizza Hut pizza tonight, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment